Every Saturday night from November through March, we feed and house the homeless for the night. Teams pick up a screened group of homeless guests from a downtown center and bring them back to the gym for the night. More than 140 St. B's volunteersprovided 792 dinner, breakfast and lunch meals, drove 268 guests 396 miles, did 106 laundry loads, hosted 8families with children,and gave guests 47 booksand 284 sets of new socks, t-shirts, underwear and jeans. We showed Christ’s loveby listening to stories, telling ours, and sharing Jesus. November of 2019 will begin St. B's 34th season of offering food and shelter for people experiencing homelessness.
Opportunities to serve include:
• Driving the church vans downtown for pick up on Saturday evening and back again on Sunday morning.
• Purchasing and preparing a hot dinner.
• Hosting guests overnight by sleeping at St. B's.
• Providing breakfast foods for the overnight hosts to serve.
• Laundering linens and towels each week.
Volunteers may choose to help with one or all of these tasks.
Sign up beginning in October as individuals, families, couples, supper clubs, or Bible studies.
For more information please contact Jim Pichert at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about RITI.
FAQs about RITI at St. B's.